Monday, May 5, 2008

passing of a legend


My most recent memory of Barbara Bradley is when I heard of her retirement and I went to tell her I will miss her teaching full time at the Academy of Arts. She looked up at me with her pleasant smile and reassured me that she will be back for small workshop sessions and talks. That made me feel better to know that she will still pass on her immense knowledge to other students. I took her class once, and then was a teacher's assistant to her for a couple more semesters. She gave me a gift for helping me out, even though I thought she owed me nothing because I learned so much. I felt like I couldn't take her class enough because every time I learned something new. She passed away on Friday, May 2nd from a car accident. I will sorely miss her and will take her lessons to heart. We love you Barbara!

No comments: